I believe that many car owners sometimes feel the engine is weak when driving, and it is hard to go up a small slope. Why does this problem occur? Let me explain it to you.
What is cylinder pulling?
Engine cylinder scuffing refers to the failure that the inner wall of the cylinder has obvious longitudinal mechanical scratches and scratches within the range of motion of the piston ring, which may lead to severe melting wear, making it difficult for the engine to start or self extinguish. Cylinder scuffing is a major accident of engine. The root cause of cylinder pulling is that it is difficult to form an oil film between the cylinder inner wall, piston ring and piston, which causes poor lubrication and even dry friction.
1. Oil problem. In our daily driving, in addition to changing the oil according to the normal cycle, it is also important to select the oil with proper viscosity in order to keep the piston in a good lubrication state. Because the nature of the lubricating oil has a great impact on the oil film, the low viscosity will make it difficult to form the oil film, or the oil film is too thin, which will aggravate the wear of the piston.
2. Engine running in is insufficient. For most models, new engines or overhauled engines need some simple running in. The seemingly smooth surface, in fact, has micron level high bumps. If the running in is not in accordance with the regulations, it will cause early wear and tear, and when it is serious, there will be a cylinder scuffing accident.
3. The engine is at high temperature. If the water temperature gauge gives an alarm, continuing to drive will also cause the engine to pull because the engine will expand and contract when it is hot, resulting in a smaller gap between parts and dry grinding.
4. There is too much carbon on the piston. For cars with aluminum alloy cylinder walls, be sure to check the carbon deposit on the top of the piston. If the carbon deposit on the engine is too much, it will fall into the side of the piston and cylinder wall after automatic peeling. In this way, the carbon deposit will dry grind with the cylinder wall, and finally there will be scratches.
How to prevent
1. Use high-quality air filter to prevent a large amount of dust from entering the cylinder.
2. For new engines or overhauled engines, we’d better follow the requirements in the user manual when using them;
3. During driving, if the engine oil light turns on yellow or red, we should stop immediately to check the oil allowance, and make up in time if it is insufficient;
4. Pay attention to the water temperature gauge when driving. When we reach the red line, we must stop and stand aside to observe the water level sign of the antifreeze to see if there is any deficit. If there is any deficit or other problems, professional maintenance and supplement shall be carried out in a timely manner.